"Enriching Lives in the communities we serve."
Prairie River Home Care, Inc. (PRHC) is a growing Medicare certified Home care Agency that provides one on one care to clients within the comfort of their own homes. At PRHC we take pride in teaching and mentoring our staff. We grow, develop and promote many of our staff members. We listen to the needs of our employees and create an environment that allows us to build relationships with the people we work with. Our impact on others is how we ultimately measure our success. EOE/Drug free workplace.
Authorization Specialists supports branch management by verifying initial and ongoing payer authorization/eligibility of home care services.
Prairie River Home Care, Inc. Authorization specialist verifies insurance eligibility and authorization of current and potential home care clients in an accurate and timely manner. Enters insurance authorization/eligibility information into SAM. Monitors and assures all client authorization of services are current and quantity/type of services provided meet payer requirements. Maintains professional, positive and effective communication with payers, Corporate/branch staff and clients. Maintains confidentiality of all information pertaining to clients, families and employees.
1. Minimum of two years experience in insurance authorization/billing/business administration; health care/home care experience preferred.
2. Knowledge of third party payer regulations including Medicare, Minnesota Medical Assistance, VA and private insurance.
3. Good organizational skills and the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
4. Demonstrates ability to make appropriate judgments as it relates to the payer authorization process.
5. Basic computer skills. Willing to learn new software. Knowledge of Word and Excel a plus.