The LPN Intake Coordinator functions as a liaison to referral sources by responding to Company referrals and facilitating the provision of home care services and/or inquiries. Assists in arranging for uninterrupted continuing medical care of the client at home and additional services needed for effective care of the client. The position reports to the Nursing Supervisor.
1. Receives and coordinates all referrals, which may include notification of insurance providers for prior authorizations and services covered.
2. Assists prospective clients and/or referral sources(s) in identifying appropriate services to meet the client’s home care needs.
3. Provides referral source with Company scope of service, coverage area, etc. as requested.
4. Ensures quality relations and maintains a professional, high quality image to referral source.
5. Mails correspondence and brochures to client/referral source when requested.
6. Evaluates referral for appropriateness of requested services.
7. Gathers client clinical and demographic information at time of referral/inquiry.
8. Enters referral information into Company software, as requested.
9. Communicates referral information to Nursing Supervisor/designee.
10. Assists with assigning referral to clinician for assessment/start of care, as requested.
11. Consults with branch management and/or clinical staff, as needed.
12. Maintains knowledge/education to remain current, efficient and productive as a home care resource to referral sources.
13. Maintains confidentiality of all information pertaining to clients, families and employees.
14. Maintains positive and effective communication with clients, referral sources and Corporate/branch staff.
15. Demonstrates self-direction to prioritize and accomplish job responsibilities.
16. Using discretion and independent judgment in handling patient or physician complaints received, documents and forwards to appropriate administrative staff.
17. Provide direct patient care on an as-needed basis, as assigned by Branch Manager.
18. Assists with other functions as assigned by Branch Manager.
1. Current Minnesota Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) license.
2. Minimum of three years health care experience; intake and home health experience preferred.
3. Knowledge of Medicare, private insurance and Minnesota Medical Assistance regulations.
4. Ability to promote and maintain a positive attitude and encourage others to do the same. Able to handle stressful people and sensitive situations.
5. Excellent written and oral communication skills, which includes effortless knowledge of English language.
6. Good organizational skills and the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
7. Demonstrates ability to make appropriate clinical judgments as it relates to the referral process.
8. Proficient with computers. Willing to learn new software. Knowledge of Word and Excel a plus.
9. Current drivers license with proof of automobile insurance.
10. Have U.S. Citizenship or evidence of valid Alien Work Permit.
11. Pass initial and ongoing background studies and screenings including but not limited to those of the Minnesota Department of Health and the Federal Office of the Inspector General’s List of Excluded Individuals/Entities.