General Managers are responsible for the overall management of the branch including all aspects of client care, personnel recruitment, hiring, orientation and supervision of employees, adherence to company policies and procedures, and meeting the financial plan objectives.
- Assures client care is delivered according to established care guidelines, Plan of Care, Physicians Orders, agency Policies and Procedures and meets payer requirements.
- Oversees the referral process. Assures clients are accepted for care according to company admission criteria.
- Oversees/handles client complaints or concerns with the assistance of other staff to resolution.
- Assures all Vulnerable Adult/Child Protection reports are conducted following the company's policies and procedures.
- Assures clients are discharged from the company according to established policies and procedures.
- Participates in and oversees the after hours on-call process to assure client care policies and procedures are followed.
- Assures branch compliance with state and federal regulations and Company policies/procedures.
- Develops and implements the branch marketing plan to assure financial objectives are met.
- Develops and maintains a good working relationship with referral sources including physicians, hospitals, nursing homes, community resources and payers.
- Negotiates contracts with payers who have clients within the branch service area including agreements.
- Recruits and hires qualified staff to meet the internal branch needs and client care needs.
- Oversees orientation of new staff members according to established guidelines.
- Assures ongoing training and in-service education requirements for staff are met.
- Oversees the compensation policies and procedures to assure guidelines are met.
- Implements branch safety programs and assures completion of reports for Workers' Compensation.
- Oversees the performance review of all branch staff.
- Assures plans and all hiring, supervision, discipline, evaluation, training, assignment and discharge of staff is done according to established company policies and procedures.
- Establishes a culture that allows for the professional development of staff.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of the branch financial plan.
- Ensures gross profit objectives for each client are met, ultimately meeting the branch financial objectives.
- Oversees the branch billing process to assure services are provided following payer guidelines and company collects accounts receivables according to established criteria.